imnotspock

the force is strong with this one

dostoyevsky, star trek, dcuo, legend of zelda, video games, punk rock, japanese culture and books. lots of books.

A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
High Fidelity - Nick Hornby my top five most favourite quotes:
5-it seems to me that if you place music (and books, probably, and films, and plays, and anything that makes you feel) at the center of your being, then you can’t afford to sort out your love life.

4-i'm very good at the past. it's the present i can't understand.

3-sentimental music has this great way of taking you back somewhere at the same time that it takes you forward, so you feel nostagic and hopeful all at the same time.

2-i know what’s wrong with Laura. what’s wrong with Laura is that i’ll never see her for the first or second or third time again. i’ll never spend two or three days in a dry sweat trying to remember what she looks like, never again will i get to a pub half an hour to early to meet her, staring at the same article in a magazine and looking at my watch every thirty seconds, never again will thinking about her set something off in me like “let’s get it on” sets something off in me.

1-what came first, the music or the misery? did i listen to the music because i was miserable? or was i miserable because i listened to the music? do all those records turn you into a melancholy person?