imnotspock

the force is strong with this one

dostoyevsky, star trek, dcuo, legend of zelda, video games, punk rock, japanese culture and books. lots of books.

A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin

Review: Cyber love, not really

I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella

Poppy Wyatt loses her engagement ring, and her phone is stolen. When she finds an abandoned phone in a trash can she feels lucky again and leaves a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Businessman Sam Roxton, the owner of the phone, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life. Oh, and she is about to get married to Magnus, who just might not be the ideal guy.

the ending ruined everything for me. i mean, Poppy was realistic and at times i could even sympathize with her wanting to feel helpful and worthy, while Sam was the typical male protagonist that appears in almost every Kinsella book; quick-tempered, laconic but has a smile you could die for.

i was truly enjoying this novel. the plot was interesting and the building up of Poppy and Sam's relationship was more than exciting. i even felt bad for Magnus, his only fault being his weak character.

however, the ending felt extremely cheesy, it annoyed me. and i hardly get annoyed by chick lit.

reprinted from Goodreads